Precision Rifle Reloading
This intermediate course is intended for shooters who have some experience reloading and want to learn more about the process of loading bottle-necked rifle cartridges. This is not a beginnerâ€™s class. GOAL recommends taking Jim’s Basic Metallic Cartridge Reloading class and/or having a working knowledge of reloading metallic cartridges prior to signing up for this class.
Attendees will learn how to safely make rifle cartridges that are more accurate than factory ammo.
- Component selection: Including the single most important step in making accurate ammo.
- Proper brass sorting and case prep: The key to consistency.
- Load selection: Learn why some loads are accurate and others are not.
- Gauges & Tools: Because you can’t fix what you can’t measure.
- Crimping: When it’s needed and when it isn’t.
- Reloading rimmed and belted cases: Where following the directions is not always the right thing to do.
- Loading for long range shooting.
- Review of Pressure Signs: How to know when to back off.
- Testing and Record keeping
The class will feature discussion and demonstration only. There will be no hands-on reloading. Prerequisites – Attendees should have some experience reloading metallic cartridges. This is a 4-1/2 hour class, starting time varies depending on day class is held, please check schedule for more information.
**Please Note: GOAL will not hold a seat for non members that select the GOAL member discount price. If you are not a GOAL member and want the discount price, please select the discount price and your membership of choice before checkout.
***If you cannot select a desired date it is sold out/full. GOAL does not have a wait list at this time***